Quality Rating 1: Positive Guidance
Check your document one more time as you prepare to upload it to the Maryland EXCELS System.
Step 1: Check your document
Your document should include:
- All the ways you use positive behavior supports and strategies with children
- How, when, and why you provide choices for children
- How you use redirection to guide children
Step 2: Save your document
Use a file name you can find easily when you upload it to the system (example: guidance-policy.docx).
Use any one of these formats:
- Typed electronic version of your written policy (examples: Microsoft Word, PDF)
- Scanned versions of your written policy (examples: PDF, PNG, JPG)
- Digital image of your written policy (examples: JPG, PNG, PDF)
Step 3: Upload your document (DAP 3.1)
Log into the Maryland EXCELS System to upload your written policy of positive behavioral practices.